Eligibility & Registration
- Final year students who are passing out from the Institute by end of this academic year 2015-16 and are seeking employment should register for campus placements with their respective Departments. Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
- Registration of students will be done during the month of July & August only. Campus recruitment is meant for final year students from B.E. (And pass out students whenever an opportunity comes through)
- An active team comprising of Faculty and Student placement coordinators from every branch is formed during the beginning of the session.
- Students are advised to read the Announcements made through notices put up on Notice boards, go through the company website and must inform T & P Department if not interested to appear for the same.
- Students shall prepare their Resume under the supervision of the Faculty / Trainer retained by the Institute, highlighting their achievements, Summer Projects and anything beyond the curriculum which enhances the employability of the students.
- Notices of the Pre-Placement Talks (PPT) by the respective company will be published on the Placement Notice Board. Students should occupy the venue 15-mintues before the scheduled start of the PPT by the Company.
- Students registered must attend its Pre-Placement Talks (PPT) without fail.
- Attendance will be taken and only those students who have attended PPT will be allowed to sit for the rest of recruitment process of the said company.
- Students must clarify queries/doubts if any related to package, job profile, place of work, bond details etc with the HR officials of the Company during Pre-Placement Talks (PPT )
- It is the responsibility of the student to check Announcements/Notices/ updated information/shortlisted names etc. displayed on the notice boards of Placement Office/Department Notice Boards. Students are expected to be on time as per the announcements.
- Failure to read the notice board / emails will not be accepted as an excuse for not participating.
- Students not meeting the eligibility criteria mandatorily asked by the company, would not be allowed to sit for the same.
- Students are advised to be dressed in Formals for every Recruitment Drive and should must carry a Folder comprising of :
- Multiple copies of Resume
- Passport size colored Photographs
- Photocopy of all the Certificates (10th , 12th , Graduation Mark sheets and certificates etc)
- College ID card
- Govt. ID & Address Proof (viz; Driving License, Passport, Pan card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID etc)
Attendance & Punctuality:
- Late coming during the Placement Process shall not be tolerated.
- Students should maintain discipline and show ethical & decent behavior in every action they make during the placement process. Any student found violating the protocol set by the company or defaming the Institute’s name would be debarred from the placements for the rest of the academic year and it could lead to strict disciplinary action by the Institute.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT/Test/GD/Interview) will be disqualified from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- We follow the policy of “ONE STUDENT ONE OFFER” i.e once the student is placed in a company, he / she is not permitted to appear for the next placement drives scheduled.
- If a student receives more than one offer owing to delays in the announcements of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer whose results are declared earlier.
- If the results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform the placement office of his choice, within 24 hrs of announcement of results.
- Students from streams like Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication, CIVIL & Chemical will be allowed to sit for campus drive of core companies even if they have offers from Software / IT companies.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement thereafter i.e. deregistered from the placement office.
- If a student has been recruited by a company, the concerned student will not be allowed to appear for any other interview for placement arranged by the college.
Offer Letters :
Offers received from companies must be collected from T & P Department / Company as per timings in notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking further actions such as signing and accepting and sending it back to the Company lies entirely on the student. In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same must be intimated to the Placement office
Joining Status :
In case, a student decides not to join where he got selected, he should inform the company in writing with reasons at earliest and also required to submit a copy of that letter / mail to the Placement Office.
Dress Code :
Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any Placement activity. Placement office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the same, if their attire is unsatisfactory.
Identity Cards :
Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process in campus or off campus
Grounds on which STUDENT/S could be DEBARRED from PLACEMENT:
- Student may be debarred from the placement if he / she are found involved in any Indisciplinary activity or engaged in fraudulent practices
- Any Eligible student consecutively not participating in 2 recruitment drives without prior information to T & P
- The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be debarred from the placements for the rest of the academic year
- Student cannot drop out from selection process once he/she has been shortlisted
Note: For all matters not covered by the above stated, the Management of the Institute will use its own discretion to take appropriate decisions from time to time and case to case Placement Policy for Students of DYPIEMR