I-ChemE club is a Department level club of Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering, Management and Research, promote students' interest in co-curricular and extracurricular activities by engaging them in various activities. Aim of I-ChemE club is to provide a platform for the students of the Chemical department to learn and adopt new skills in Chemical and Allied Fields. The club motivates the chemical engineering students to participate in various technical and non-technical activities on Online or Offline platforms. A Student committee is constituted to handle the activities conducted by I-ChemE club. Activities and events conducted by I-ChemE club help students to understand the importance of Technical Skills, Soft Skills in life as team work, team spirit, handling the responsibility and leadership qualities. Through this club students will also learn Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems, Modern tool usage, Ethics, Team work, Communication and Life long learning. I-ChemE club offers a great way to explore new ideas, meet new people, and enhance the college experience.
IChemE Club Committee AY 2023-24
Faculty Committee :
Ms. Asmita Patil
Dr. Sunita Patil
- President- Siddhi Katake
- Vice President- Gracy Tiwari
- Secretary- Ekta Thakur
- Treasurer- Madhuri Vallakati
- Discipline Coordinator- Lavanya Jadhav
- Technical Coordinator- Omkar Gaikwad, Geetanshu Bachhawat
- Photography Coordinator- Parth Shaha, Vaishnavi Hande
- Event Manager- Sayali Kulkarni
- To keep students abreast with technical skills apart from regular academic syllabus.
- It gives them practical hands on experience and enhances their analytical and logical skills.
- The club helps the students to bring out the best in students and grooms individual Capacities/potentials by providing an environment to work independently.
- It helps the students to be develop their skills for placement activity. It provides a platform for each individual student to develop himself/herself in their weaker fields.
The National Education Policy 2020 was released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) on July 29th, 2020. On the successful completion of the three years of implementation of NEP 2020, 24th to 29th July 2023 is being celebrated as the National Education Policy Week”. To celebrate the same, as an awareness program, iChemE club of Department of Chemical Engineering has organized Group Discussion on the topics related to NEP 2020. These discussions have given insights to the students on various opportunities from the new education policy NEP 2020.
At the Annual Technical event "Technofiesta 2.0" of 2023, IChemE club of Department of Chemical Engg. has organised Chem Quik on 24th Feb 2023.
To improve Studnets communication skill and leadership quality, in Placement activity, the IChemE Club of the Department of Chemical Engineering, DYPIEMR has organized a Group Discussion for SE, TE and BE Chemical Engineering Students, on 12th Sep 2022