Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering runs IEEE students’ branch in the department. It is the branch for the students by the students.
IEEE student’s branch was established under the department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering on Jan, 2019.It is a professional body where professionals meet to exchange views and information, to learn and share ideas. Students of E & TC are members of IEEE student’s branch. IEEE Student Branch gives students the opportunity to meet and learn from fellow students, as well as faculty members and professionals in the field. An active IEEE Student Branch can be one of the most positive elements in a department offering programs in IEEE designated fields of Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology.
The activities of the branch organize events like Seminars, Expert Lectures, and Workshops etc. to keep students updated with latest developments in various technologies.
Student Branch activities offer numerous educational, technical, and professional advantages of IEEE membership through special projects, activities, meetings, tours and field trips.
- Inculcating and promoting the technical instinct among the students and as a platform for the technical proceedings.
- To get the students more acquainted with the existing technology and to make familiar with the state-of-art technology.
- To grow the interaction between students and industry people and increase the knowledge that will be required by the students pertinent to the industry.
- To develop socio-techno intellectual qualities among the students.
- Opportunities to network on a local level
- Free website hosting
- Obtain funding for events, projects, and activities
- Develop projects and obtain sponsorship based on your IEEE affiliation
- Receive support for hosting professional awareness programs
- Connect with other likeminded student groups to advance the IEEE mission
- In addition to benefits, IEEE offers programs and projects that keep students interested in the Branch and its activities and their chosen profession
IEEE Student chapter members for year 2022-23 :
|Vice President||Kaustubh Kumbhar|
|Joint Secretary||Sampada Kulkarni|
|Arts Team Head||MrunalKolekar|
|Public Image Officer||Pratik Deshmukh|
|Publicity head||Ketan Ghanwat|
|Technical head||Sumeet Karhale|
SE E&TC Induction Program for Academic year 2023-24 on 5th Sept., 2023
Snapshots of few IEEE Events:
IEEE Student Chapter Group
IEEE Organized Workshop on “Recent Trends in Engineering Technologies " for 12th students.
A Guest lecture on “Virtual Reality ”on 30/1/2019 by Mr.Nikhil Deshmukh, CEO at Enigma Virtulux LLP and Enigma Automation
Guest lecture on “Robotics & AI” on 27/02/2019 by Mr. P. M. Salunkhe CEO, PMS Robotics Research Centre
IEEE branch inauguration- Lamp Lighting Ceremony Unveiling of IEEE Student Branch
Small Summary of some of the events conducted in the year 2021 - 2022 -:
“WEBROSITY” : The Session was conducted by the IEEE Students branch , It was a Fun Activity quiz conducted on the recent webseries . We had over 30+ Participants and We had given Cash Prizes to the winners .
Workshop on MATLAB Simulink & Statistical Data Analysis using MATLAB : The primary objective of the workshop was providing the students with the basic idea of MATLAB basics and MATLAB Simulink and the hands-on experience with using MATLAB software for different function.
Workshop on MATLAB Fundamentals and its application : The primary objective of the workshop is providing the students with the basic idea of MATLAB basics and MATLAB Simulink and the hands-on experience with using MATLAB software for different function.The fundamentals of MATLAB and Simulink session 1 started at 11 am with the introduction about MATLAB. The resource person explained the importance of MATLAB software for Engineering applicationThe second session started at 2:30 pm. The speaker ,Mr. Suraj Gawande started with basics of Simulink. Explained about Simulink ,also focused on tools for Simulink interactions, automotive industry ,artificial intelligence and electric vehicles. The fundamentals of MATLAB and Simulink session III started with some basic tools in MATLAB. How to use Control system toolbox in MATLAB that’s what explained in this session. With this toolbox how do we find Transfer function of open loop or close loop system with feedback or unity feedback system.
- Debate Competition Vadvivad 2.0 : The primary objective of the debate competition on the Cyber Awareness Day was to bring about awareness of different cyber crimes.The students were familiarized about different Cyber crimes. The topic provided for the debate was “Spotting Fake Apps on Social Media and Internet”. In the debate the pros and cons were put forward by the students.
Workshop on Design of Basic Patch Antenna using HFSS software :
The primary objective of the workshop was providing the students with the basic idea of antenna technology and the hands-on experience with using HFSS software for the basic patch antenna design.In this workshop the participants learned different design aspects of antenna modeling using HFSS software.
For more details aboiut IEEE Events click on link given below :